Monday, October 24, 2011

REXROTH


I saw this on some earlier posts about the connection between the beats and jazz music. I like how an idea can be manipulated and transposed into different mediums. I thought the musical interpretations caring forth the beat ideal were very sincere and the freedom that sometimes is restricted in writing is better translated musically. I thought it interesting that some of the beats tried there hand at this interpretation. From watching the Ferlinghetti movie in class, I was made aware of this correlation by Ken Rexroth and Ferlinghetti mixing their poetry with the syncopations of jazz at some spot in North Beach. I came across some Rexroth on youtube with him humming about the "married blues," accompanied by some lazy jazz horns in the background. Its got some early distinctions for other future kinds of music. Anyways I thought it was cool. Incase the link up top doesn't work heres another one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Krt-T3UTs

1 comment:

  1. Good insights Ryan. His delivery is so interesting, sounding as if he is actually falling away from the delivery, the utterance, as it occurs. Rexroth was a very strange cat indeed . . .

    Trey

    ReplyDelete